Mission Viejo Stamped Driveway
Stamped concrete refers to patterned, textured, and embossed concrete that looks like stone, tile, brick, slate, wood, and other textures and patterns. Stamped concrete is commonly used in sidewalks, patios, pool decks, interior flooring, and sidewalks.
Contact Mission Viejo Concrete Company at (949) 541-9282 for free estimates.
Mission Viejo stamped driveways can transform the look of your home. It is an economical alternative to paving and natural stones. To create a stamped driveway, wet concrete is put into forms to create various shapes and patterns. After this, a big stamping tool is pressed on the wet concrete, creating design and texture. By adding patterns and colors, it is possible to achieve a wide range of looks with stamped concrete.
Why Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is a durable solution for your driveway. It is easy to repair, and there is less fading as long as you seal it every two to three years.
Stamped concrete doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, as it leaves no space for the growth of weed. It is more durable than stone and pavers. Since it’s possible to customize it, you can have an unlimited number of designs. Some of the popular options are flagstone, cobblestone, and herringbone. With stamped concrete, you can maximize your returns on your investment, as this will enhance the curb appeal and beauty of your home.
What You Need to Know About Stamped Concrete
Before you choose to install stamped concrete, there are a few things you need to know.
- To create stamped concrete, concrete is poured over molds, made to look like the substance they are trying to mimic.
- If your current concrete looks good, stamped concrete can be applied over it.
- Deicing salts should not be applied on stamped concrete, as this can lead to the damage of the surface of the concrete. Some of the chemicals that are commonly used for deicing include ammonium sulfate and ammonium nitrate. These can cause erosion on the concrete. Others, such as calcium chloride and rock salt, may not cause much damage to the concrete but will destroy the vegetation. Traction and sand should replace the harsh chemicals to keep the concrete and surrounding vegetation well.
- When deicing chemicals are used, these can enhance the freezing and thawing cycle as water tends to soak into the concrete. This water will freeze before breaking apart concrete, destroying the strength and look of your driveway.
- In most cases, driveways should be graded to improve the drainage. However, the home may require gravel installation for the drainage. Gravels are used in drainage as they allow water to flow away from the driveway and concrete.
- Remember that concrete can be slippery. It isn’t the right choice for areas that rain frequently.
- Concrete lasts longer and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance as compared to the other paving options. This can help you to save a lot over the lifetime of the concrete. However, concrete needs to be sealed every two to three years.
Hire Mission Viejo Concrete Company
A stamped driveway is a huge project that requires the expertise of a concrete contractor.
If you need a reliable and experienced concrete contractor, contact Mission Viejo Concrete Company on (949) 541-9282 for free estimates.